Wednesday, November 21, 2012

The Call To Life

Once upon a night,
I heard my Savior call..
Desire, darkness, doom, and death,
I heard Him through it all.

I didn't hear His whisper,
I knew not what He said.
He nudged me just a little
to try and get inside my head.

He spoke a tad bit louder;
the voice becoming clear.
Though sense Him I did not,
to me Himself drew near.

I admit, so lost was I
in this world of sick decay..
But even in the darkness,
the Son revealed the way.

"I love you! Follow me!
Have you heard my cries and pleas?"
He said as tears fell from my eyes
and I dropped, filthy, to my knees.

"I know not why you want me!
If you are just, and fair...
I'm not fit for your loving arms,
about me you shouldn't care!"

I felt crippled and disgusting;
all he gave me was true love.
That's what makes life worth it all,
the kind from up above.

He said, "I came to die for all,
but there's something you should know...
I would've done it just for you
because I love you so."

All my sin and shame is gone
because to Him I gave it all.
Jesus died my soul to save...
Can you hear His call?

{I wrote this in 2010, and just found it as I was going through old folders and notebooks. Thought I would share:) }

No comments:

Post a Comment