Thursday, October 4, 2012

Rescue Me?

"He brought them out of darkness
and the deepest gloom
and broke away their chains."

Psalm 107:14

{If your so inclined, listen to the following songs while reading this post:}

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzqjLVwV2sA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Yq9jYTcsoc&list=PL5-BkNlqu3ArFbbOCJArkRUZ51MiYuSWy&index=2&feature=plpp_video

This verse is so precious and powerful..

I just imagine.....a man (or woman) with a broken heart and spirit,
sitting in a disgusting jail cell of their own sin...
tangled in the chains of yesterday; the shackles that keep them in an endless cycle of
fear, disobedience, pain.....
regret and sadness dripping from every cry into the darkness
What hope do I have?
Where can I run?
Everywhere I turn, the shadows of my past taunt me
they mock me
they know there's no escape...
 Their maniacal laughter echoes in the chasm of my soul,
etching permanent signatures
of what eternity holds
The chains around my wrists, neck, feet...
carving me into someone who I want to run away from
but can't
Someone save me...
can anyone save me???
In the midst of desperate, gut-wrenching cries for redemption
for a second chance, somehow...
A small ray of light
slipped through the rocks and crevices of the walls..
Beams began bursting forth, lighting up my darkness
nearly blinding me
Uncontrollable fear of my shame being exposed came upon me like seizures;
but, in the center of my soul...
I was reaching out, fighting to take a hold of this rapidly growing hope-
a hope of escape from groveling and clawing
on the crumbling walls of the endless black hole beneath me
starving for my being
What was this force as strong as death?
Can it be that I'm straining against my very self??
From within I begin to sense a new will;
a new strength;
a fighting spirit
my nearly blind eyes searched for the source of this white hot, pure heat
Could I leave this lying excuse of my existence?
Can you truly be offering me a way out??
Time is running thin
I heard a thundering voice from thin air, telling me that it was real
I needed to take His hand
and that He came for me
......come with Him
But why???
My body recoiled into a heap of doubt;
what is this illusion?
No God would come back for me...
I failed Him time and time again
I felt...love...radiating from behind the trembling walls
rattling from the intensity of heartbreaking desire
love dying to burst into my cell and rescue me
Rescue me?
Trembling, shivers racking my body, I stagger forward,
about to make the biggest decision I had ever made
I fell to my knees and cried with every ounce of my being,
"Father, forgive me!!!!"
All it took was the blinking of an eye
for my jail cell walls to come crumbling down with a marvelous crash
the depths of Hell felt its shaking, and shuddered with hatred for the sound
It knew it had lost
I was swept up into the air, being spun faster and faster
I felt every fear being melted away;
every selfish desire dissolving into nothing;
The sensation of a healing touch caused me to look at my wrists and feet-
I saw the scarred wrists of Jesus;
I saw the scarred feet of Jesus....
Binding and healing my wounds with the same hands that broke off the chains;
With the same loving hands that I nailed to the cross, at Golgotha
The place of the skull
The place where He was crowned as King-
my King-
and won the battle of our minds.
We have naught to do but let Him in-
He conquered, not so we could battle and war our entire lives
but so we could live in victory
and thrive
walking the path he paved for us!
A path filled with earth-shaking love, pouring from our hearts,
which he made into wellsprings of life!
Tears of indescribable, completely humble thankfulness streaked my face
Drawing me into his presence, where I felt for the first time, the fullness of joy
He spoke:
"My child, I LOVE YOU.
It overtakes me with joy that you have chosen to let me love you
and to let yourself love me back...
Will you fight for me?
The battle is already won,
but we must keep hold of what is rightfully ours!
The devil will try to take whatever his claws can grasp
I know it's hard
and yes, your strength will fail you at times...
But I have unending strength I will give you when you are at your weakest-
You will rise up on eagles wings
and have feet like hinds feet on high places
And when you finally come Home,
we will dance the streets of gold together, my child!
Run to me every day
every moment counts
drink deeply of my presence, child.
I love you."
There are no words, not even these, to describe the glory that shone
to describe my fierce loyalty, this insane love, I had never before known
for my Savior
He brought me out of my darkness,
stole me from my deepest gloom
and broke away my chains;
replacing them with an eternal crown,
and a place by his side, forever~

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful ... Thanks for sharing!

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Kaylagirl...Tears...Chains falling...Head lifted up to see the Savior of my soul...Exactly what I needed just now. Thank you! <3

    Bee

    ReplyDelete